I have already written a post under this title in 2009. So, this one is titled "march 2010".
1. "Vinnaithandi Varuvaya" album - Everyone said the songs were good. I had been visiting "Music World" almost every night that I came from office by 9. Those guys never had it in stock (Dude..why dont you reserve a copy for me!!). Finally, I got it from a different shop on a weekend. On the first hearing, I was disappointed - especially with the lyrics. But eventually...got addicted to the album. As Veeru put it, first 'Aromale' sounded the best, then "Kannukkul"...now "Mannippaya"..Rahman is a genius. All movies for which he composes should be translated in English just to compete at Oscars.
2. Shopping - I have been on a shopping spree ever since I landed in Coimbatore. Had to buy new clothes, shoes..lot of books and DVDs. Using my credit card to the fullest extent..
3. IPL 2010. I thought I would never have any interest in Cricket again. Per Seshu and Srikk's advice, I retired from cricket :) - even from watching it. But we have a fun game at office, where we predict the winner of a match and get points. Just for the sake of it, I have been following the scores....not to the extent of knowing who hit how many sixers, like I used to before.
4. Weekend jobs. Wondering what this is? We have been having some problems with our application jobs that run during the weekend. Since it is a new team, I am having to get involved every week...(once I was in the movie hall attending a conference call!!).
5. Commitment worries - My mom is in the look out for brides. After all these years, I still am worried about getting committed.
6. The Spiritual self - a perennial obesession this is. A recent visit to Isha yoga ashram to visit Suren and Anitha has rekindled my spiritual exploration. (Not to be confused with visting temples, reciting mantras, fasting and worshipping an idol). This is more on the lines of being in harmony with nature.
7. Bikes - I have never been the macho kind that knows about every bike in market..what's the CC and what's the mileage. I have been wanting to buy one and have been reading some reviews and noticing every bike that passes by. Have shortlisted Honda Shine, Passion Pro and Discover. Mostly, will go for Pro..just for the looks.
8. The mountain view from office campus - I am yet to find the name of this mountain. It is on the edge of the horizon as seen from office. There is so much mist in the locality that, the mountain is not always visible. On some days it is visible and some days it is not. Infact for the first 2 or 3 days, I didnot even know that it existed. One morning I was surprised to see that there was a mountain right in front of the canteen(at some distance ofcourse)...it was like how suddenly a mountain pops up in fantasy movies. From then on, I make it a point to see if the mountain is visible that day or not.
9. Food outlets - I have been experimenting the 'Economy' category food joints around Gandhipuram(CBE). They are all good - except for one. My picks are Anadha's and Arya.
10. IPod - Recently I asked my friend Ananth to delete everything from my ipod and load with the ones in his. It has a good collection now including some books. I liked one chapter in "The natural mind". Rest of the book was boring. Yet to listen to the other books. Great thing about Ananth's collection was that it had "Rock On" and "Delhi-6". After Vinnaithandi Varuvaya, all time favorites are "Rehna Tu" and "Yeh Tumahari Meri Bathein"....and "Wicked Games" (purchased from Apple Store - courtesy Siva).
11. There's a 11th one too. I used not to give a single rupee to healthy beggars under the pretext not to encourage lazy men/women. I realized lately that I myself havent contributed a minute for world peace or quantum physics inspite of having no trouble with education or opportunity. So, I am always on the look out for beggars - especially after dinner (ha...ha..roll drums)!
2 years ago